Yes, we saw Hunger Games!
Friday night was date night. Much needed and much anticipated! We started off the night with dinner at Rumbi's (coupon discount = bonus!). The food was so yummy, and I loooove their sweet potato fries! Mmm. So yummy. Definitely added to the "family favorite" list. After eating, we went to stand in line for the 9:20 showing. The line wasn't too bad once we got there, but glad we bought our tickets before going to dinner. The line grew very quickly after we arrived. (VIP movie tickets were given as part of a wedding gift to remind us that dating in marriage is very important = another bonus!).
The movie was awesome! Kyle hadn't read the books, so he didn't really know what to expect besides the water-down summary I gave him. Almost everything in the movie was as I had imagined when reading... except Peeta. I imagined him more.... manly. At the end I was ready for the next one to come on! haha. I had been watching season 2 of 24 lately, and when I wanna watch the next episode I just click "next" and ta-da! So sad its gonna be a while before its out. Totally worth it. Kyle liked it, too. Bonus!
However, as I thought about how good the movie was and how well they compared it to the book (besides the fact so much was left out, and reading is always better than watching)... I realized how much of a twisted story it is. Seriously. The capitol = the epitome of vanity and pride. And kids battling it out to the death of all but one?! Who came up with this story?! And why do I find it so entertaining?? Hmm... food for thought.
Fun date with my totally awesome and handsome husband = success. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment